I am so thankful to have you visiting today! If you are a new reader, welcome! You can check our Friday's post to Learn More About Me.
If you are wondering why I did not post yesterday, I would love to explain. You see, a few weeks ago I made a promise that I would redirect my respect for the Sabbath by keeping it holy, as it was designed to be. Somehow, I have ventured away from this commitment to the Lord. Also, I would like to redirect my respect for my husband and the time that we have to spend together. The most important thing for me to do as a wife is put Tony above all the other earthly mess that I have going on, NO.MATTER.WHAT. He deserves my full attention and time when we are both free and available in the evenings, not emails or social media. If interested, you can check out my reasoning and what lead to this decision in THIS POST.
First and foremost, I adore every single email, comment, tweet, and facebook message I have received this past week. I am SO SO thankful to have such a growing platform for the Lord and I am honored to have many fresh faces following along in my happily ever after world. From the random blurps, recipes, grammatical errors, and encouragement I share from the Lord, I hope you are enjoying this space as much as I am.
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!! I value everything you contributions to this space through advice, tips, and love. I look forward to seeing all of your sweet messages each day. It absolutely makes my day to know that you have spent time in my little corner of the Internet because it then reassures me that all the time I put into this blog is not for nothing. I have gained a whole wide world of new friends from all over! I am blessed by your blogs and I look forward to continuing to visit your dot com world. I cannot wait to "meet" you! While you are here check out all the awesome other bloggy friends I currently adore along the left bottom sidebar. They rock!
Recently a blogger friend, Vintage Gwen, and I met through Instagram. She asked me to join in and play the "5 Things You Don't Know About Me" game once we got to know each other a little better. Since I have so many new readers I thought it would be awesome for you to learn a little about me that you may not have picked up on just from reading through blog posts. Even though this little corner of the Internet is open to all, I choose to only share a few things. So count yourself lucky for this little bit of extra tie-bits today! As you will figure out, I share 5 extras below!
Let's get this party started:
(1) I am allergic to hair color, tanning beds, teeth whitener, most lotions, make-up, and beauty products because each contain sulfa ingredients. It's lovely for keeping my skin health yet difficult at times when I would rather have the trivial white teeth or tan skin. Case in point, my nails are always painted. If they are not painted, I feel totally naked.
(2) I am regularly tested for diabetes because it runs in my Dad's side of the family. You can read more about my Dad HERE. [However, this is the man who raised me. Meet Steve-O, my step-father who has been by my side since I was a toddler. My sister looks just like her Daddy and I look just like my momma.] Side note: You got like three points in one here! :)
(3) I wish I was an event planner/ interior designer/ baker-chef/ graphic designer/ photographer. Maybe in my other life? Sometimes I ponder about my future. Will I really ever teach my little friends for the rest of my life...Hmm.
(4) I'm not 100% sure I want children before the age of 30. My parents did not have me until late in life. Although I do not really know the reason, I think the older you are the more stable you are financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. As much as I like to plan and organize, I know that I will never be 101% ready to become a parent. However, I really want to enjoy my husband and the profession I am working so hard to achieve first and foremost. Yes, I know this may seem selfish but I honestly do not understand why some couples rush things.
Personal opinion. Move on to #5.
(5) As soon as I get home each evening, I become as socially unacceptable as possible! Do not even lie, girls- I know y'all all do it too! There is some sort of freedom in coming home and getting extremely comfortable and ridiculously unacceptable.
(6) I was raised in a Christian school, home, and community. When we have children of our own someday, we will raise them the same way. The Lord is the cornerstone of our home, marriage, and lives every step of the way. My walk with my Father is one of the most precious blessings that is always growing and changing.
(7) I am sucker for sarcasm and dry humor. You might find a lot of that on this here blog. Oops. You just may find a lot of serious posts, too.
(8) I know a lot about eating disorders and would love to help, encourage, or provide additional guidance for anyone out there who lives life with this battle. Although this topic is difficult to discuss for most, it is very prevalent in our world today. If you have been reading for a while you may already know that my younger sister battles this monster every single day when sitting down to eat a meal. While I have not been ready to emotionally discuss her diagnosis, treatment, or recovery plan to date on the blog, I have professional been guided and taught, along with my parents, by the additional help and structure of wonderful doctors and staff all across America (let's just say I have been there and done that a lot in my 22 years of life). Also, I have been around the sort in other walks of my life in different forms and fashions. Since this subject hits close to home with me, I would love to be there for you if at all possible.
(9) I really have this huge phobia of getting my hair cut, cleaning, and organizing. When it comes to my hair, I do not like to have just anyone cut it. I plan to share with you all in the coming weeks a tutorial by the sweet friend that taught me to fix my hair with a leap of faith. When it comes to cleaning, I am that wife who tries to do the whole shebang in one day each week. Yes, I am talking vacuum, sweep, mop, dust, bathrooms, clothes, iron, trash, kitchen, bleaching, wipe downs, the car... And, then my husband is mad by the end of the day because I put him to work, too! Eventually, somewhere in that day my ADD overtakes my OCD and I begin to reorganize everything (drawers, cabinets, pictures, furniture...) that is already organized. Oops! Ha!
(10) I am obsessed with blogging and CANNOT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Just thought I would share a little love from our neck of the woods over the weekend. If you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen this photo. Husband and I took a break from the house since it was such a beautiful day to enjoy the evening. I am LOVING spending the days with Tony in the same zip code!
If you want to know more I would love to open the floor and let you ask below. I am sure there are many things that I could write about but I would rather know what you would like to hear about first and foremost. Whether your question be about faith, blogging, relationship/dating advice, marital commitment, divorce, eating disorders, wedding tricks, recipes, DIY crafts, becoming an educator, or whatever-- I open the floor for you to ask away! I have pretty much been there and done but I am not going to bore you all with random details or stories.
While I started this blog to journal our lives, it has grown into something more than I ever imagined. If there is any way that I can reach out to someone, I certainly would love to and if ask away is my outreach option, then God speed!
Find ASK AWAY FORM HERE.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
As always, until next time- Happy Blogging!